Pre-Solo Written Test
Students are required by 61.87(b) to pass a written test. The test must address the student pilot's knowledge of-
applicable sections of parts 61 and 91 of this chapter; airspace rules and procedures for the airport where the solo flight will be performed; and flight characteristics and operational limitations for the make and model of aircraft to be flown.
- Pre-Solo: §61.87(b)
- Private Pilot Candidate: None
- Even though Private Pilot members who do not hold a glider category rating are not required to pass a written solo test by 61.87(b), club rules dictate that all transition pilots still need to pass the written test.
- The pre-solo pilot will successfully complete a different written test for each glider to be soloed.
- Incorrect answers will be reviewed with the instructor and student
- Once the Pre-solo test is completed, the instructor will give an endorsement similar to AC 61-65G Appendix 1, Endorsement A.3
|Pre-solo aeronautical knowledge: section 61.87(b).
I certify that [First name, MI, Last name] has satisfactorily completed the pre-solo knowledge test of § 61.87(b) for the [make and model (M/M) aircraft].
/s/ [date] J. J. Jones 987654321CFI Exp. 12-31-19
Next Lesson: 7g -- Special Awareness Training
Previous Lesson: 7e -- Disassembly
Return to Training Syllabus