Glider Daily Inspection
The student/candidate will learn the importance of the glider daily inspection, the correct procedure and habits of a successful preflight.
- Pre-Solo pilot (Student Pilot and Transition Pilots): §61.87(i)(1)
- Private Pilot Test Candidate: PTS Area of Operation I, II(C)
- Purpose and Procedures of Preflight
- Use of Preflight Checklists
- Required aircraft documents (ARROW)
- Critical Assembly Checklist
- Weight and Balance
- know the role of the aircraft preflight procedure
- know how to use the POH/GFM to discern proper preflight procedures
- use loading charts to determine weight and balance limits
- understand the importance of proper weight and balance
- use appropriate checklists during preflight
- know what documents are required in the aircraft for legal flight
- know the roles of the Airworthiness and Registration Certificates
- Glider Flying Handbook, pages 6-4 and 6-5.
- 14 CFR §91.3 Responsibility and authority of the pilot in command.
- 14 CFR §91.7 Civil aircraft airworthiness.
Next Lesson: 2d -- Airport Procedures
Previous Lesson: 2b -- Attitude Flying / Scanning
Return to Training Syllabus